Friday, March 11, 2011

You Know You're A Hooper When...

This  long running thread on hoopcity.ca is great for spotting typical hoop behavior. I nodded along with most of the entries. Number Twelve is definitely my favorite. Do these sound familiar?


1. You spend five minutes packing clothes for a trip and 45 minutes deciding on 
which hoops to bring
I'm finished packing!

2. You own more than five hoops


3. You spend more on tape than on clothing
This should last for a few weeks!
4. Your spinning class has nothing to do with bikes

5. Your car only seats two because the backseat is always filled with hoops


6. Every big open space is mentally noted as a hoop spot

Oh, I'll be back
7. Your car purchase depends on which has more hoop room

I just don't think this is what I am looking for
8. You choose clothing based on 'hoopability'

9. Your "office" is a hoop practice space

10. You've added the word 'hooping' to your spell check dictionary

11. You listen to Dubstep

12. You never do home repairs, but everyone at Lowe's knows you by name
"Welcome to Lowe's. May I - oh, hi Kym.
We just restocked the plumbing department
"
13. Everyone who knows you, knows what 'hooping' is

14. All your dance moves are hoop moves - even when you don't have a hoop

15. More than once you've wished it was called something else to prevent confusion
"I...didn't quite catch that....
OH, Hooping, with an "H", got it"


5 comments:

Happy and House Poor said...

I wonder if there's a planet where everyone hoops? No pets, just hoops!

Spooky said...

that would be planet awesome

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know your blog is the best hooping blog out there. I am really enjoying it! Lots of creativity, frequent updates, bright and fun images, and always something to smile at or learn from. Thanks! :)

TraciB said...

Great excerpt from the original list! Here's a variation on one I posted a few days ago:

You know you're a hooper when you look for hoopers in every TV show and commercial where there's a crowd scene - like that new Ace Hardware commercial about taking back the weekend; at the end, there's a hooper right in the middle of the scene in the foreground. :)
-CircularPraise

Spooky said...

@Shekinah -thankyou! wow so nice to hear - haha, im a little obsessed!

@Traci B - that is SO true!I remember a target commercial had one too. it's funny because I know that most folks who see it don't even know how truly awesome the hoop is :)