Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Feel Better Playlist

Knowing when to quit is just as important as working hard. 

After about an hour of hooping outdoors in the beautiful breeze (and with my blindfold) I finally have to admit defeat. There were a few moments that I was in the zone, but I was largely distracted by knee pain. My right knee is now noticeably bigger than the left so, I think it's time for an ice pack, music and some coffee.
Often times when I am not hooping up to par (to my self imposed standards) I will try and push through it - work harder! But, why take the joy out of something I love (and hurt my knee further)? Would I tell a student to do that? Nope. It's time for a feel better playlist. Seriously, just sit back/hit play/get lost in the music. 

I love doing that.

Time to fill the page with YouTube finds

MNDR - I Go Away

Jessica Lea Mayfield - Our Hearts Are Wrong

Foster the People - Helena Beat

Wye Oak - Civillian

Radiohead - Lotus Flower

No comments: