Thursday, April 14, 2011

Fell Off the Boot Camp Wagon...

I...just...don't think I can...
Awhile ago I mentioned that I was starting Hoop Lovers Hoop Boot Camp, since the 30 Day Hoop Challenge was over and I wanted to stay on track with my daily hooping. Well, so far it's been great hooping every day...but I definitely have not been following the boot camp path. Technically, I should be on Day 11: Green Hoop Bliss, but I have found that the 30 Day hoop Challenge worked for me because I simply had to hoop - every day - however and whenever I wanted. Having to purchase things to make green juice...or even having to hoop with a specific intention I've found to be much more difficult. Hooping is my time to let loose! I don't want to stay in a box! By having to specifically do something I started to wait for the "planned" portion of my practice to be over and then move on. Hooping should never be a chore-and that was the unintended consequence.

Deanne Love, Hoop Lover
and woman braver than I
(with all the raw-ness ingestion)
I think that I am going to check in daily with the Hoop Boot Camp Schedule and see if the daily idea is to my liking. If so - woo hoo! Here I go, boot campin' it up! If not, no biggie. I think it's great that hoopers are sharing their ideas to improve and expand others experiences in the hoop and Hoop Lovers is an amazing resource for great videos, tutorials and ideas, but for me, hooping has to me my own daily experience. 

Yesterday I danced to nothing but these, whereas this morning it was nothing but this*. How do I know how I am going to feel before I am in the moment? I don't. And, I find I like things MUCH better that way. 

* Watch Kyle Hanagami's videos and see if it inspires you to dance to songs that you NEVER thought you would. The boy is a genius. I'll be posting one of his vids later today.


2 comments:

Spin Gypsy said...

I didn't go in and read the ingredients for the green smoothie, but I will tell you: DON'T let the look fool you. Go to your local grocer and buy the Green Machine by Naked. It is delicious. Tastes like juice, not like a salad. Promise!! You can make a smoothie very similar to it at home. I'm sure these green smoothie recipes that chick has tastes good, too. Just do it!! :)

Spooky said...

mmmm yessss - if I can buy one pre made then I will give it a try! I just did not want to buy a juicer and things to juice - haha!
Green Machine by Naked - okay - I'll give it a go!