Sunday, May 22, 2011

Vacation Day Dreams

There was no hooping happening at all this weekend. Whew, it's been a long, long time since that has happened. Sometimes the hoop just feels D.O.A as soon as it hits my hand. Like it's the one that is tired (when, of course, it must be me.)

I used to sort of freak out about hoop dry spells. WHAT IF THIS IS THE END!? Now, I don't worry about it. If it's not happening, best just to listen to my body and wait a few days.  


Right now I am simply counting down to getting on a plane and being far away for awhile. I love the time right before travel, an event, or a holiday. That's when there is the most time to enjoy that it is happening. 

During the event time is flying and it's over before I've had the chance to blink, smile, and take it all in. But - the time right before spring break (aw, I remember getting a spring break) Christmas, or vacation - that's the sweet spot. That's when the fantasy about how relaxing and wonderful everything is going to be can be truly fleshed out in my mind.

What is it about traveling that feels so special? 

Anyway, I think my body will be back in the zone once it starts living in the present again instead of basking in the not-to-distant future. 

It's fun to rest in daydreams for awhile, though.

2 comments:

claudiahays said...

are you bringing your hoops with you to cali?? can't wait to hear about your traveling adventures when ya get back!

Spooky said...

def bringing at least one hoop! I cannot imagine a hoop free week - is that a good or a bad thing hmmm? haha
YES - hopefully I will have tales of hooping on the beach and giant, giant margarita's