Monday, August 8, 2011

Marko Kalc - Hoop Dance


Marko Kalc - Hoop Dance - Impro na Rabu from Marko Kalc on Vimeo.


This video features some not-so-complicated moves, but delivered with lots of feeling. I love the passing and the quick spins, and seeing those 'go-to' moves is making me feel a little more hoop friendly than my current mood has been. With Life getting in the way more often these days, I have been a bit tougher on myself both about, and within hoop practice. I feel like I have a time limit - okay, 20 minutes of hooping, then I'll pack, paint, do laundry, run those errands, yadda yadda... 

With that kind of attitude, trying to master new moves becomes even harder. And when hoop practice becomes this scheduled, frustrating part of my day - well, it's all too easy just to let practice slide. Maybe I will try going back to some of these more comfortable patterns to warm-up  and see how the session goes? Excuse me while I think aloud. 

Of course, there will always be times when I can't hoop - or when I need to take time off - and I will honor those feelings instead of allowing guilt to rear it's ugly and useless head. For now, it is time to attend to some of those Life duties, but perhaps... with this new dose of inspiration, I will have an old school hoop jam post errand madness. 

No comments: