Saturday, August 27, 2011

Jewels: Success/Discouragement and a Double Chest Roll

It was so a Jewels morning.

A fave hooper of mine since '07, I have always wanted to be able to do her beautiful double chest roll (you see it at the end of this video.) In a more popular video of her spinning, she completes the move with such lovely confidence and precision. I have never seen this 'practice' vid of her before, and it just goes to show that no matter what - as long as you keep practicing the moves with come.  Lovely, messy, early stage hoop moves. They all start there.



I have a video of my sloppy pretzel twist move that I am hoping to one day look back upon and think, hey remember when that was hard?

Progress, progress, progress.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooo.... I know, I love that double roll. I saw her do it at Spin Out when she was trying to teach it to us, but I still can't do the single one, lol, so that's a bust. But she just looked so effortless, every single time. It's really nice seeing her go, "UGH!" a word I know very well. ;)

You are right about documenting. I wish I had a little video of me at 3 in the morning still up in my living room trying to knee hoop. It's one of my favourite memories :) I never thought it'd be so "easy" to do like I think it is now. My former self is very envious of future self :D