Monday, June 20, 2011

Weekend Photo Diary: Dancing, Design and Dark Eyebrows.


Well, this weekend kicked my butt. In a good way. 

So many wonderful people were involved in the making of the past few days and I couldn't be happier that the adventures are going to continue from here on out. 
[Concert Wednesday, and I leave for Hoop Path Thursday. Then NE Hoop Fest the next week.
Hot Damn.]

Friday was full of drinks, chats, and board games with some of my favorite designers. They are wonderful because (among other reasons) they understand that papyrus and comic sans are the two worst font inventions of all time. Fact. 

Saturday was a long anticipated 16hr fun fest with delicious food, even better company and the BEST VIDEO GAME OF ALL TIME OH MY GOD. I can't tell you how amazing it really is. I have NEVER enjoyed... well... any video game... not even other dancing ones, but holy hell this is the best thing I have every experienced. I actually feel new hoop inspiration after playing. I cannot wait to incorporate some wonderous new moves into my practice. (That is, once my muscles recover from what must have been at least 3 hours of dancing. Michael, you are my new god.)

I was oh-so sad to miss out on pre planned hangouts Sunday, but the recovery time needed was immense.

This morning I was inspired yet again to play dress up. I made a new hoop shirt and played around with make up all morning. Audrey Hepburn will forever be my inspiration for huge, dark eyebrows and I searched for further eye art on tumblr this morning. Having two eyes means I can experiment twice as fast and decided to use different patterns for each eye. The black rimmed is my favorite and I am thinking of going crazy in my dress ups for hoop path. Now, I just need to get the teal dye and I will be all set. 


2 comments:

- C. said...

papyrus - the worst font ever, of all time.

SOOOO JEALOUS of the Hoop Path adventures -- wish i could come!! i know you will have a blast.

love the brows :)

Spooky said...

heeh thank you thank you - yes, it shall be monumentally wonderful. and i think i may just paint my eyebrows black from this point forward.